Southsea Regatta 15th July - Entries by 28th June.

Southsea Regatta 15th July - Entries by 28th June.

Jesse Loynes
Hi all,

Southsea Regatta is on the 15th July, giving us 3 good weekends, and a few midweek opportunities to get some crews together to take part.

It's a great regatta, with clubs from CARA, the association for Kent and Sussex joining in with the Hants & Dorset clubs, for a big and varied field.

SRC_Regatta_invitation_2017_with_Header_(1).pdf

We have a trailer available to take our boats, and currently would plan to take Valiant and the pair. There is also a chance that Revo will be complete... I'm hoping the evenings will be cool enough for varnishing this week.

I need to get entries in before the 28th June, and also need to register all members who might be wanting to race. I simply need to add your name and status. (If you've raced and won before in sliding seat boats, then let me know approx number/level of wins if you aren't sure of status. If you haven't won yet, then easy - your novice!)

The course is approx 2000m in total, racing Eastward from the submarine barrier area down to the turn bouys and then back again.

We already have folk interested, so add your name, and we'll see how crews can be made up. We'll talk it all through and make sure everyone is comfortable.

So far for the ladies:

Anya,
Rachel,

and for the guys:

Jack,
Jess,
Ian,

Any questions, just ask!

Jess.

Re: Southsea Regatta 15th July - Entries by 28th June.

Julia
Hi Jess,

If ladies masters crew then yes for row.  We have checked our rowing status and sadly even with 15-20 years regression, can't get in below Senior (all far too young and energetic for me now).

Same for Steve, even though his last years racing were mainly in double scull, he can't get below Senior for sweep oar.

Re: Southsea Regatta 15th July - Entries by 28th June.

Steve Woods
Jesse,

I would like two row if you don't get  better offer/specimen. Will come and support and happy to tow etc.

cheers
Steve Woods

stevewoods583@btinternet.com

07788 277 875

Re: Southsea Regatta 15th July - Entries by 28th June.

Jack
I'm affraid I'm booked up that weekend! :( my apologies.
Jack

Re: Southsea Regatta 15th July - Entries by 28th June.

Jesse Loynes
Steve W - will definitely take you up on the offer of towing the trailer please!

Right, we have 75% of both a vets mens and ladies crews! One more to fill a seat for either?

Jess.

Re: Southsea Regatta 15th July - Entries by 28th June.

Alison Kidd
Hi Jess, If you don't get any better offers, I could row!

Alison

Re: Southsea Regatta 15th July - Entries by 28th June.

Jesse Loynes
Hi Alison, that's great.

That gives us a potential ladies vets crew of Julia, Rachel, Anya & Alison. Would you all like to race together? Anya is a yes!

Would you 4 ladies like to co-ordinate between yourselves to get a couple of training rows in between now and the 15th?

I can be on hand to cox/coach if you need me, buoy turns and starts etc. I can cox on the day too at a pinch? Anyone else like to give it a go? Nice experienced crew so it's mainly steering and there's time to practice. Or I can ask some of the other clubs if they have a spare cox.

So if the ladies are racing, can we get a men's crew?

Let me know. I could probably fill a seat but would have to checl if we'd still be eligible for Master. Might have to row unclassified for experience.

Jess.

Re: Southsea Regatta 15th July - Entries by 28th June.

Alison Kidd
Yes for me too for ladies vets.Hopefully we can get out as crew to train. I'm available for all sessions next weekend.

Alison

Re: Southsea Regatta 15th July - Entries by 28th June.

Rachel Norris
Yes I would like to race too please. I can make the Saturday session next weekend and Thurs this week too. I have signed up for both. If Anya could make Sat too we would all be there. I am afraid I am away the weekend after that which is the one before the regatta.
Rachel

Re: Southsea Regatta 15th July - Entries by 28th June.

Jesse Loynes
Good news.

Okay, race prep session this saturday as a crew, and we'll see what we can fit in the weekend after.

Jess.

Re: Southsea Regatta 15th July - Entries by 28th June.

Despite all the problems, I realise I still enjoy racing so thanks all for getting us to the start even though we walked over the finish line😛 racing was cancelled mid afternoon so far more disappointed crews out there.