Sewage in Chichester and Langstone Harbours - Petition

Sewage in Chichester and Langstone Harbours - Petition

Ian Maclennan
Hi all,

I learned about a petition which is trending concerning sewage in the Chichester and Langstone Harbours.

Here's the link to sign it.

Basically it calls on Havant Borough Council to fund more and better information on sewage discharges into the harbours for water users such as rowers, paddle-boarders, etc.  While this won't solve the problem, it will raise awareness and therefore pressure on Southern Water to stop / sharply curtail its discharges into the harbours.

Please consider signing it and sharing it.

Thanks!

Ian

Re: Sewage in Chichester and Langstone Harbours - Petition

Ian Maclennan
One more thing.  I followed up to check out Southern Water's BeachBuoy system, which is how they report releases of untreated sewage from Combined Sewer Overflows.  Here's a link to their site.  You will see that they report information about the Chichester Harbour, Langstone Harbour and other locations near us.  I looked through them and, surprise, surprise, there was a release of untreated sewage into the Langstone Harbour around 13th March, see the yellow marking on this picture.  I'm not sure how serious it was, but all this underlines the need for better information, etc.

Bottom line, please sign the petition.

Re: Sewage in Chichester and Langstone Harbours - Petition

ElaineP
 I'll sign it now Ian. Pressure does indeed need to be piled upon Southern water! Elaine

Re: Sewage in Chichester and Langstone Harbours - Petition

Done