Saturday 22nd - training row to HISC

Julia
High water is at 10.13 Itchenor but we can't get the gate key til 9.00.  If we have enough interest we could do a row out and back to HISC (not a novice row).

Re: Saturday 22nd - training row to HISC

Jesse Loynes
That sounds a good plan. I'll be using the quad, crew to be confirmed, probably from about 11 ish for the Learn to Row course so good to Valiant out too.

Jess.

Re: Saturday 22nd - training row to HISC

Julia
Hi Jess,  we'll be back in time to help out too. Thought about a novice crew for 11.00 but will be a but short of water.  Julia

Re: Saturday 22nd - training row to HISC

Sue Ranshaw
Hi I'm back! Would be great to get out on the water again if I can fit in anywhere?

Re: Saturday 22nd - training row to HISC

Alison Kidd
Yes please for me,
Alison

Re: Saturday 22nd - training row to HISC

Hi Alison,
It's looking unlikely we'll get a training crew out, if no more sign up by tonight will cancel.  If the weather was more settled Steve would have taken you out in the pair and I could have taken the Alden.
Sue, it looks like a land training session for you, how you getting on with the rowing machines?
Jess may need help around 10.30 but he can email out if this is the case.
I may have to go to the gym😔

Re: Saturday 22nd - training row to HISC

Me too please.
My tide table says HW is at 11.12...

Re: Saturday 22nd - training row to HISC

alison kidd
Looks like we have a crew now, weather permitting? I'm still keen to get out if possible.

I'll keep an eye on the forum to see what develops.

Alison

Re: Saturday 22nd - training row to HISC - Cancelled

Hi Alison, Chris, Sue.

The training row to HISC will not go ahead as planned, with the weather predicted we would need Sue to cox to get the strongest crew rowing and it's unfair to put that on Sue's shoulders.  So Chris P heading to Langstone at 9.00 and happy to meet you both there for a Teifi row, call him if interested.  Julia

Re: Saturday 22nd - training row to HISC - Cancelled

I have signed up at the Cutters for tomorrow. Alison is a member so can go anyway....Sue, if you want to try fixed seat rowing or sculling I don't think it will be a problem but it might be a good idea if I signed you up and vouched for your ability to take on a longer row. Let me know what you think.

Re: Saturday 22nd - training row to HISC - Cancelled

Alison Kidd
I too have diverted to Cutters!

Alison

Re: Saturday 22nd - training row to HISC - Cancelled

Sue Ranshaw
Hi Chris. Thank you for your kind offer to vouch for me and my ability - much appreciated! I have been called into work tonight so won't get home until late so will need to give a miss this time. Maybe another time when Dolphin numbers are low. Hope to see everyone soon, I'm missing it!