Policy statement

Dear Members,
The AGM elected a new committee comprising Julia as Treasurer and Ian as Secretary. I am now Chairman. Steve has been co-opted as Bosun and Elaine will continue as safety officer with particular responsibility for COVID precautions.
As those of you who were present online will know, the AGM was quite dramatic with accusations of a ‘culture of bullying’ in the club.
This came as a complete surprise to me personally, though I had some awareness of issues between club members that had been continuing for a while. The new committee is of the view that these issues, while distressing for all involved, do not amount to a culture of bullying, but we are very anxious to hear from any members who may have experienced harassment or any form of unfairness in the club. I appeal to you to come forward if you have - you will be treated with sympathy and complete discretion. My contact details are below.
Bullying and harassment will not be tolerated in Dolphin RC. Let’s be nice.
Meanwhile, we want to improve transparency and communication within the club, so from now on please conduct all club business through the forum rather than on social media, which may lead to people feeling excluded. The forum may be a bit clunky but it is visible to everyone with an internet connection.
Looking further on, rowing is naturally going to be restricted over the winter though we are lucky in being able to get out whenever the weather allows (pity those river types who get no rowing at all when the currents begin to get high).
We hope to organise a Christmas fun regatta with lots of silliness. Any ideas for wacky races gratefully accepted...
Then, of course, there is the next season when competition may resume, and we need to plan for that. Let’s move on to a year of growth and success for our club.
All best wishes,
Chris
Chairman, Dolphin RC

Chris Partridge