Learn to Row Course - July 22nd

Jesse Loynes
Morning all,

There is an opportunity to run a Learn To Row course on the Saturday morning. Ideal for those new to the sport and looking to try sliding seat rowing.

It would be a 2hr land based session, covering the boats, planning an outing and rowing safely, coxes calls, the rowing stroke and exercises.

That would be followed by an on the water session, conditions permitting, to build on the 1st session.

The full course is 6 sessions, 2 on the 1st day, with further on the water coaching in the following weeks. Sessions 3-6 can be organised on a flexible basis. The cost for the course is £35 a head to include membership of the club for the period of the course sessions.

Any questions, please do ask, and add your name and info below or on an email to captain@dolphinrowingclub.co.uk. to reserve a space.

Jesse
Zyg

Re: Learn to Row Course - July 22nd

Zyg
Yes, I'm up for this, please send full details, Zyg

Re: Learn to Row Course - July 22nd

Jesse Loynes
Hi Zyg,

That's great. I'll be sending out details this week.

We're expecting a 9am start if everyone can make it.

There's still places left for anyone else to sign up.

Jess.

Re: Learn to Row Course - July 22nd

Rob Salter
Hi Jesse. many thanks for details of the LEARN TO ROW COURSE. Couple of Questions for you, I am in my 70's now and need to know if I can come along to be ~tested~ for suitability to do the course. I would not be put out if you said No!! Second question, where do we meet?

Re: Learn to Row Course - July 22nd

Sue GS
Yes please, I'll be in Emsworth that weekend, and can make the Saturday. I won't be around on 29th July for follow-up, but I should be there quite a lot in August, so hopefully can do further sessions sometime then, if that sounds OK?
Thanks, Sue GS
Sue GS

Re: Learn to Row Course - July 22nd

Neil Humphreys
Hi Jesse

I can make Saturday 22nd if there are still spaces - please sign me up.

thanks
Neil

Re: Learn to Row Course - July 22nd

Jesse Loynes
Good morning Zyg, Rob, Sue and Neil,

Rob, I'm sure you'll be fine, the course is a good way to check out sliding seat rowing and see how it suits.

Thanks all for signing up, I'm looking forward to seeing you all Saturday.

Could you please drop me an email to captain@dolphinrowingclub.co.uk and I'll send out details and info in return.

thanks,

Jess.

Re: Learn to Row Course - July 22nd

Jesse Loynes
Good morning all,

Please can we aim to meet at Emsworth Yacht Harbour at 9am on Saturday morning. There is a small corber of grass with a couple of benches between the Deck and the Yach Harbour pool, and we'll congregate there.

Further info to follow today.

Jesse.