LOCKDOWN - BR UPDATE - PLEASE READ

ElaineP
Update on rowing from BR - the essentials!:

“As things stand, our understanding is, it is highly likely that during the lockdown:

• Sports clubs/facilities will be required to close entirely - this includes rowing clubs and their
   landing stages.

• Whilst rowing in a single scull or a crew made up from a single
   household is not at this stage ruled out by the restrictions as
   personal exercise is allowed, the fact that club boating facilities
   will not be available means that for the vast majority of rowers
   this form of personal exercise will not be possible.

• University sport will not be able to take place at all.

• Sport for juniors will only be able to take place as part of the school curriculum, i.e. during PE
   lessons.

There are still a number of unanswered questions about the precise nature of the lockdown and as soon as we have clarity we will share more detailed guidance.”

Rowers who have booked for tomorrow (4th November) can still row, but this will be the last row before lockdown starts on Thursday 5th.
Thanks all
Elaine