LAST CALL for First race entry Five miles from Home series UPDATE

12

LAST CALL for First race entry Five miles from Home series UPDATE

Julia
This post was updated on .
Last call! Shahnaz is keen to have a race in quad on Saturday morning of the 8th if there are others keen too, please sign up now..

Race on Friday evening 7th May at 6:30, HW is 10:35p.m.

Crew Quad
Elaine (crew captain)
Sophie
Paula
Alison/Julia
Cox: Steve

Singles/double
Jenny
Aileen

Saturday Quad (weather dependent)

Shahnaz
Steve
Ian
Julia

ttps://www.clydebuiltfestival.com/castle-to-crane-five-miles-from-home

If you would like to take part and are not already in a crew with another club, or even if you are and would like to take part in both boat types, then sign up below.  The first dates are 7th - 9th May and the course will be set out prior to the race and will be a return trip (to equal the wind and tide) somewhere between Northney and Mill Rythe. Race entry is £10 per leg for a crew boat (if rowed in the Swift quad extra payment for boat hire is £4 per person).  Crew Captains will be appointed to organise the timings and proof of time/distance is required by race organisers.  We could just do this for fun without officially entering and go for coffee and cake afterward! You decide.

Re: Five miles from Home series

ElaineP
Yes, thanks Julia - maybe 'enter' as a race once we see what the times we get! All good fun and useful training though, however it's done

Re: Five miles from Home series

Sophie
I'm currently available all that weekend, including Friday, and keen to row :)

Re: Five miles from Home series

Jenny Glass
Quite fancy it Julia.  Perhaps just to come along for a jolly in my single....it was the thought of cake afterwards!

https://www.clydebuiltfestival.com/castle-to-crane-five-miles-from-home

http://dolphin-rowing-club.2350781.n4.nabble.com/Five-miles-from-Home-series-tp7670.html

Re: Five miles from Home series

Julia
Could do both Jenny over 3 days, crew and single?

http://dolphin-rowing-club.2350781.n4.nabble.com/Five-miles-from-Home-series-tp7670p7696.html
To unsubscribe from Five miles from Home series, click here.

Re: Five miles from Home series

Paula
hi I am rowing with the gigs and current plan is for us to do our race Sunday that weekend - if weather permits could do Sat or late Friday afternoon if likely to be a quad and you dont otherse have a full and willing team.

Re: Five miles from Home series

We could do first race on Friday evening at 6:30, HW is 9:35p.m. if crew available.
Crew
Elaine (captain)
Sophie
Paula
Alison/Julia
Cox: Steve (Jenny also in single if available).

Hoping for another crew to sign up (men/mixed?) but if not we could do another race in doubles👍

Re: Five miles from Home series

Julia
Ah, i forgot to add an hour for BST but think on a neap tide could get out at 6.30 from marina slip or at 7 from north slip.  If not friday could you all do early Saturday?

Sent from Samsung tablet.

http://dolphin-rowing-club.2350781.n4.nabble.com/Five-miles-from-Home-series-tp7670p7705.html
To unsubscribe from Five miles from Home series, click here.

Re: Five miles from Home series

Aileen A Campion
Hi Julia

Potentially I’m interested in joining in. Probably only have Saturday as an option as coxing Friday night and ladies crew out in gigs on Sunday.  If nothing available don’t worry. Like Jenny, I may do the single if conditions are ok.

Re: Five miles from Home series

Julia
Hi Aileen, I would hope to get a Saturday crew as well so will see if others sign up.  You could do a double with Jenny?  I may do a double with Steve but if one more signs up could get quad out.

Julia x

http://dolphin-rowing-club.2350781.n4.nabble.com/Five-miles-from-Home-series-tp7670p7723.html
To unsubscribe from Five miles from Home series, click here.

Re: Five miles from Home series

Paula
Hi Julia/Elaine -  is there the opportunity for a quad practice this coming Saturday afternoon (1/5)?

Re: Five miles from Home series

Sounds good Paula, can we have it at around 3:00p.m.?
We'll likely have a new members row at 1:00 this weekend, I'll check with Sophie and Alison.

Re: Five miles from Home series

ElaineP
Yes, I could do Saturday 8th as an alternative.

Re: Five miles from Home series UPDATE

Elaine, I've made the entry under crew name Marine Mammals (couldn't think off the top of my head so blame Steve.  If the crew want to do this in this in the Swift quad we'll need to book the boat with Mike via Bekki who is in charge of boat bookings, but just as happy in Rushworth.  Thanks

Re: Five miles from Home series UPDATE

ElaineP
Okay; I've emailed the crew to ask if they'd  be okay with £4 each to row in the Swift.

Re: Five miles from Home series

ElaineP
Yes - waiting to see if Sophie can come, but will go out anyway. Elaine

Re: Five miles from Home series UPDATE

Alison Kidd
I'm in for Friday 7th. Sadly working over the weekend so not available

Re: Five miles from Home series UPDATE

Paula
I dont seem to have an email Elaine but am happy to go with the extra to row in the Swift.

Confirming Saturday!

Sophie
Hi Elaine, Julia et al!
Apologies for not checking in. Yes, happy to confirm I'd like to row this Saturday at 3pm (and free on the 7th for the event.)
Happy to pay the £4 for the Swift.
Many thanks
Sophie

Re: LAST CALL for First race entry Five miles from Home series UPDATE

Please see last call for Saturday 8th crew.
12