IMPORTANT: Boat Booking Spreadsheet

12

IMPORTANT: Boat Booking Spreadsheet

Ian Maclennan
This post was updated on .
Hi All,

The Committee has now agreed that all boats should be booked using this spreadsheet only:

Dolphin Boat Booking Spreadsheet

All posts in the forum to date have been added to the spreadsheet - please check that they are correct (some posts did not specify which boats were required or mentioned two boats, so I had to read between the lines, please correct these as required).

As of now please book the boats only using this spreadsheet, do not use posts on Nabble as the spreadsheet is the only way to book boats from today, 2nd July.  To make a booking just go to the correct date (see tabs along the bottom of the sheet), locate your desired boat and time and then type your name in the relevant cell in the spreadsheet.  It's as easy as that!

Additional note:  you will need to install the free Google Sheets app available for Android or iPhone/iPad.

Please also do not change anyone else's booking without their permission.  If you make a booking which you need to cancel please remove your name promptly, so that others can book.

If you hit any problems, please contact me (07785998591).  Please post any suggestions for improvements or enhancements, we are all ears!

Thanks,

Ian

Re: IMPORTANT: Boat Booking Spreadsheet

Andrew Ferrand
Hi Ian,
I have installed the App.
I have used the link and get to the spreadsheet but I cannot make any entries.
When is a good time to talk?
Andrew

Re: IMPORTANT: Boat Booking Spreadsheet

Bianca
Hi Ian, thanks for this great booking sheet. All working well.
Can you or someone explain the new boats, i.e. yellow virus (similar as edon with or without sponsons?) and do any of them need special permission (Gail's boat, I think Epona). Thanks Bianca

Re: IMPORTANT: Boat Booking Spreadsheet

Dee
Bianca
The yellow boat is a good but old coastal boat , Epona belongs to Mike which is not available to members.
Try the yellow scull , looks good to me.

Re: IMPORTANT: Boat Booking Spreadsheet

Bianca
Thanks Dee, I will try the yellow

Re: IMPORTANT: Boat Booking Spreadsheet

Julia
Hi Bianca,

Gail's boat is an Edon too.  Gail has kindly allowed club use and is bringing it along on Sunday.  I think we use it only when other club Edons are not available. It can be sculled with or without sponsons.

The yellow virus is a larger boat without sponsons but very stable.  Seat pad essential.

Get Outlook for Android

Thank you Julia, sounds all good (except the name virus maybe 😏)
 Bianca

Re: IMPORTANT: Boat Booking Spreadsheet

Julia
Yes, unfortunate makers name😉

http://dolphin-rowing-club.2350781.n4.nabble.com/IMPORTANT-Boat-Booking-Spreadsheet-tp6574p6597.html

Apparently Virus have just gone bust. Coincidence?

Re: IMPORTANT: Boat Booking Spreadsheet

Julia
Some time ago Chris, not sure they've built any since 2013.

Apparently Virus have just gone bust. Coincidence?

http://dolphin-rowing-club.2350781.n4.nabble.com/IMPORTANT-Boat-Booking-Spreadsheet-tp6574p6599.html
To unsubscribe from IMPORTANT: Boat Booking Spreadsheet, click here.

Re: IMPORTANT: Boat Booking Spreadsheet

Ian Maclennan
Hi Andrew,

Sorry to be slow to respond, managed to find a window with modest winds and got out on the water!!

I’m around for most of Friday, give me a call on 02392480563 or 07785998591.

Cheers,

Ian

Re: IMPORTANT: Boat Booking Spreadsheet

Andrew Ferrand
Ian,
Well done hope it was  a good one.
I now realise I need to get to the spreadsheet via the App and not via nabble.
I think it work for me now.
Regards

Sent from the iPhone of Andrew Ferrand

http://dolphin-rowing-club.2350781.n4.nabble.com/IMPORTANT-Boat-Booking-Spreadsheet-tp6574p6601.html

Ian Maclennan
OK, please shout if you hit problems.  Sorry not to have made it clearer earlier that you need to have the Google Sheets app installed for editing to work!  I amended the original post to make this clearer now....

Re: IMPORTANT: Boat Booking Spreadsheet

Ian Maclennan
Hi Julia, I just spotted that Gail's boat isn't going to be available until Sunday, so I have adjusted the booking sheet accordingly.  Do you know when on Sunday she is likely to be available?  I have left booking on Sunday open from 9:30 am at the moment, but it would be good to make sure she is not bookable until she arrives!!

It's all looking a bit academic at the moment, as the wind is likely to prevent all rowing on Sunday morning, I fear....

Re: IMPORTANT: Boat Booking Spreadsheet

Julia
Hi Ian, she is being delivered at 4p.m. so start from Monday.  Julia

Sent from Samsung tablet.

http://dolphin-rowing-club.2350781.n4.nabble.com/IMPORTANT-Boat-Booking-Spreadsheet-tp6574p6609.html
To unsubscribe from IMPORTANT: Boat Booking Spreadsheet, click here.

Re: IMPORTANT: Boat Booking Spreadsheet

Ian Maclennan
Thanks for clarifying this, Julia.  I have adjusted the Boat Booking Spreadsheet so we are all set.  All we need is some decent weather....  ☺️☀️💨

Re: IMPORTANT: Boat Booking Spreadsheet

AndiDavies
Hi Ian, trying to book for Tues21st and getti g view only. Have been able to book previous days???

Thanks
Andi

Re: IMPORTANT: Boat Booking Spreadsheet

Ian Maclennan
Thanks for pointing out this problem on Tuesday, Andi. All fixed now, as discussed.

Cheers,

Ian

Re: IMPORTANT: Boat Booking Spreadsheet

Hi Ian,. Could you change Gail's boat to no Sponson (L/W) as the sponsons are not going to be used on it and the low rig needs a lighter weight (L/W) sculler to use it. Thanks Julia

Re: IMPORTANT: Boat Booking Spreadsheet

Ian Maclennan
Hi Julia, all done.  I put "No sponsons" in the heading and added a comment about lightweight rowers in the comment box, as L/W wouldn't fit in the heading.  Shout if you would like me to change this.
12